ScriptAculoUs.Net on Sourceforge Project Hosting
All my projects are grouped under one main repository located on Sourceforge, together with my main project, BusyBoxDotNet. The source code can be accessed via Subversion.QuickStart Guide to SVNGetting (checking out) the source
Here are the links:
Staying up to date with code changes
- Install TortoiseSVN
- Create a new folder - preferably in the same directory where you keep your Visual Studio projects - called ScriptAculoUs.Net - or whathever
- Right click on the folder just created
- Click on "SVN Checkout"
- Type "http://busybox.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/busybox/trunk" in the textbox "URL of repository"
- Click OK. You should have all the source ready to be compiled
How do I submit a change I think you may find useful?
- Right click on the folder where you checked the sources out
- Click on "SVN Update"
In version control jargon, this is called submitting a patch
, that is, a small file containing only the changes made to the original code, so that it becomes easy and fast for the project members to review, evaluate and test them, and eventually include them in the code base.
These are the steps to create a patch using TortoiseSVN:
- Get the latest version of the source code - important in order not to make changes which may already have been done
- Make your changes to the code
- Right click on the folder where you checked out the source
- On the TortoiseSVN context menu click on "Create Patch..."
- Select the files where you have made changes and continue
- You are asked to save the file containing the patch, so save it and give it a meaningful name
- Contact me and I'll be glad to review your patch!
furthermore wrote a more detailed post
about creating a patches.
If you're interested in contributing the project or just give feedback or suggestions for future improvements you can even contact me via this link